The Los Angeles Dodgers have found themselves at the center of some controversy since accepting an invitation from President Trump to visit the White House as part of their 2024 World Series celebration.
Manager Dave Roberts, who previously suggested he would not participate in such a trip during President Trump’s first term, is now board with doing so this month. However, Mookie Betts said he would have to discuss the matter with his family.
[BUY HERE: Dodgers World Series champions bobbleheads]
According to Bill Plunkett of the Southern California News Group, Betts said he is not yet ready to divulge his White House decision:
Asked Mookie Betts if has made a decision about participating or not in #Dodgers White House visit next week (he didn't go with Red Sox in 2019). He said he has thought about it but is not ready to announce his decision one way or the other yet.
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) April 1, 2025
The Dodgers are going to the White House on Monday, April 7, before playing against the Washington Nationals as part of their six-game road trip. A contingent is also scheduled to visit Capitol Hill on April 8.
When recently discussing the matter, Dodgers president and CEO Stan Kasten claimed a discussion in the clubhouse resulted in all players agreeing to visit the White House.
Blake Treinen did not accompany the team when they visited President Biden in 2021.
Mookie Betts’ White House history
After the Boston Red Sox won the 2018 World Series — coincidentally against the Dodgers — Betts did not join his teammates for their trip to the White House in 2019, which came during President Trump’s first term. Betts was with the Dodgers when they were invited by President Biden in 2021.
Betts is the only active position player with three World Series rings.
Have you subscribed to the Dodger Blue YouTube channel? Be sure to ring the notification bell to watch player interviews, participate in shows and giveaways, and stay up to date on all Dodgers news and rumors!