The New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers are renewing their rivalry during 2019 MLB Players Weekend, with Friday’s series opener available to stream on Facebook Watch for those outside of the teams’ markets.
MLB began streaming games on Facebook in 2017, and reached a more robust broadcasting agreement last season. The Dodgers’ series finale against the Arizona Diamondbacks was among the games selected to for an exclusive broadcast on the social media platform.
MLB has carried forward a similar arrangement on YouTube this season, which the Dodgers have twice appeared on.
The Dodgers and Yankees have met 11 times in the World Series, which is the most between any set of National and American League teams in MLB history. The Yankees have won eight of those matchups.
As for the regular season, prior to Friday, L.A. and New York last met in 2016 at Yankee Stadium, where the Dodgers won two of three games. Per Stats LLC, their matchup this season marks the first Interleague game all-time in which both teams enter 30-plus games over .500.
It is also the latest date that teams with the best record in each league are playing each other in the regular season. At 85-44, the Dodgers currently have a two-game lead over the Yankees (83-46) for the best record in baseball.
The Dodgers and Yankees will not be wearing their traditional home and away uniforms during the series, as it is the annual MLB Players Weekend. Players on both teams will have nicknames on the back of their jerseys.
With Friday’s game available via Facebook Watch and SportsNet LA, Saturday is an exclusive broadcast on FS1, and the series finale was selected for a national Sunday Night Baseball telecast.
How to access MLB Live games on Facebook Watch via desktop:
1.Launch your web browser and navigate to www.facebook.com.
2. Log-in to Facebook.
3. Once logged in, click the Facebook Watch icon in the left side menu or visit 4. facebook.com/watch.
5. In the search bar, search for “MLB Live” and follow the Page to receive updates.
How to access MLB Live Games on Facebook Watch via mobile:
1. Download and/or launch the Facebook app on your phone or tablet device.
2. In the Facebook app, tap the Watch icon or find Watch in the menu.
3. In the search bar, search for “MLB Live” and follow the Page to receive updates
4. Facebook TV/Connected Device App:
How to access MLB Live Games on Facebook Watch via video app, TV or streaming device:
1. Download the Facebook video app on your TV or streaming device and search for “MLB Live.”
2. (Alternatively) Stream a game from your phone to a TV on the same wifi network by tapping the (TV) icon.