Full List Of 2019 Gold Glove Award Winners
View of Gold Glove Awards that have been won by Los Angeles Dodgers players
Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

As MLB free agency is still in its infancy, awards season is in full swing for the league. On Sunday, the 2019 Rawlings Gold Glove Award winners were announced during a one-hour special on ESPN 2.

Unlike last year, the Los Angeles Dodgers had a finalist for one of the nine National League positions as Cody Bellinger was one of the players nominated in right field. He won the award over Jason Heyward of the Chicago Cubs and Bryce Harper of the Philadelphia Phillies.

Bellinger was among the eight first-time Gold Glove recipients across the Majors. He’s joined by Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto, St. Louis Cardinals second baseman Kolton Wong, Arizona Diamondbacks left fielder David Peralta and Milwaukee Brewers center fielder Lorenzo Cain in the National League.

American League first-time winners include Seattle Mariners pitcher Mike Leake, Cleveland Indians catcher Roberto Perez and Chicago White Sox second baseman Yolmer Sanchez.

Bellinger, in particular, was deserving of the award after his terrific defensive season. He played multiple positions but his primary one was right field, where was tied for the MLB lead with 19 defensive runs saved. He had 26 DRS total between all of the positions he played.

There were some familiar faces winning Gold Gloves as Zack Greinke (Arizona Diamondbacks and Houston Astros) won his sixth, while Nolan Arenado (Colorado Rockies) and Alex Gordon (Kansas City Royals) each won their seventh.

Gold Gloves were voted on by managers and coaches around the league, though they are not permitted to vote for their own players. The coaches/manager votes account for 75% of the formula, and the SABR Defensive Index make up the remaining 25%.

National League Gold Glove Award winners

Pitcher: Zack Greinke, Arizona Diamondbacks (sixth award)
Catcher: J.T. Realmuto, Philadelphia Phillies (first award)
First base: Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs (third award)
Second base: Kolton Wong, St. Louis Cardinals (first award)
Third base: Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies (seventh award)
Shortstop: Nick Ahmed, Arizona Diamondbacks (second award)
Left field: David Peralta, Arizona Diamondbacks (first award)
Center field: Lorenzo Cain, Milwaukee Brewers (first award)
Right field: Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers (first award)

American League Gold Glove Award winners

Pitcher: Mike Leake, Seattle Mariners (first award)
Catcher: Roberto Perez, Cleveland Indians (first award)
First base: Matt Olson, Oakland Athletics (second award)
Second base: Yolmer Sanchez, Chicago White Sox (first award)
Third base: Matt Chapman, Oakland Athletics (second award)
Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians (second award)
Left field: Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals (seventh award)
Center field: Kevin Kiermaier (third award)
Right field: Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox (fourth award)

Have you subscribed to our YouTube channel? It’s the best way to watch player interviews, exclusive coverage from events and more!